Former Zimbabwe Paceman Stuns The Judges With His Performance On The Voice Australia - TechKeGuruJi.Com

Former Zimbabwe Paceman Stuns The Judges With His Performance On The Voice Australia

Henry Olonga the former Zimbabwe cricketer is again creating a buzz on social media and this time it’s not for his bowling but for stunning skills.

Henry Olonga was the first black cricketer from his country to play cricket. He was forced to retire after he wore a black armband to protest against then Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe in World Cup 2003.

The 42-year-old former cricketer sang ‘This is the moment’ by Andrew Warlow and the bowler impressed the judges in the blind audition of The Voice Australia.

A video of the audition went viral which was shared by the Television Channel SuperSports presenter Derek Alberts.


Olonga was recognised by the judge and he received a standing ovation from the judges. After his performance, Henry Olonga had tears of joy.

Henry Olonga said: Music is special to me because I have sung as a soloist in the choir every term of my schooling. It became a very important part of my education.

He further added ‘I’ve been singing a lot of music since I retired from my previous career. I just wanna sing now. Just sing’.

The former cricketer took to his twitter account handle and tweeted ‘It is a far cry from my former life and thank you to England and Australia for adopting me as one of their own’.


Twitter is lauding Henry Olonga’s hidden talent:

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

The post Former Zimbabwe Paceman Stuns The Judges With His Performance On The Voice Australia appeared first on RVCJ Media.



from RVCJ Media http://bit.ly/2EFXxpN

No comments

Powered by Blogger.